Shortbread Cookie Dough Recipe
- Pryex 4 quart https://amzn.to/2XIs7qC
- Strainer/Sifter https://amzn.to/2tUn3BG (good alternative)
- Custard cup https://amzn.to/2HkYPsi
- Flour https://amzn.to/2EFUflB
- Salt https://amzn.to/2tWmpnk
- Wilton spatula https://amzn.to/2tUnmfV
- Unsalted butter
- Sugar https://amzn.to/2HhreiO
- Handheld mixer https://amzn.to/2EJytgD
- Vanilla extract https://amzn.to/2VCwkds
3 ¾ – 4 cups of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 ½ cups of unsalted butter (3 sticks or 336 grams), at room temperature
1 ⅓ cups of sugar
3 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons for vanilla extract
- Sift together the 3 ¾ cups of flour and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Sift ¼ cup of flour in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a bowl, using a handheld mixer (or a stand mixer with paddle attachment), cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the bowl. Add the egg yolks one at a time. Next add the vanilla extract until fully combined. Scrape down the bowl.
- On low speed, add sifted dry ingredients (3 ¾ cups of flour with the 2 tsp of salt) about 1 cup at a time, mixing until dough sticks to the beaters (or paddle). Add up to another ¼ cup of the sifted flour if dough is sticky. When you touch the dough, it should have a little give but does not stick to your fingers.
- Let dough rest for 1-2 minutes to firm up.
Makes about 3 ½ dozen cookies.
Cut butter into small cubes for quicker room temperature butter.
You can freeze the dough flavored or unflavored for up to 2 weeks.
Music by Buddy – Bensound.com
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.